Neil H. Adamson, AWS, NWS, FWS, PAA-M
Neil was born in Manchester Connecticut and has been a Florida resident since 1950. He studied commercial art and design in St. Petersburg, and studied fine art with Larry Webster, AWS, in Clark Island, MAine. Hr studied privately with Murry Wentworth, AWS, Norwell ,Massachusetts, Charles Miller and Richie Cooper.
Adamson has been a Commercial Artist, Art Director, Photographer, Fire Fighter, Scuba Diver, Construction Worker and Classic Car Restorer. He has explored remote areas in search of subject matter for his paintings.
Neil is a self-published artist, and his work has been reproduced by two prominent publishing and greeting card companies. His work is in eight major watercolor books, Splash I, II, IV, VIII, IX, X & XI Enliven Your Paintings With Light, A Gallery of Marine Art, and Watercolor Majic. He has also been published in Florida Wildlife and Florida Business Magazine. He has work in many one man and group shows.
His paintings can be found in prominant corporate offices and private collections anround the world. He was one of 200 artist in the USA selected for Walt Disney Worlds 1975 1st Annual Art Show at Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
He has won over 200 awards including:
- Florida Federation of Artists' Elliot O'Hara Watercolor Award, People's Choice Award, Govenor's Award (Florida Landscape) Best of Show Award, Everett Dirkson's Award, First Place in Oil; Latin Quarter Gallery and Golden Medallion Trophy.
- Numerous top awards in major shows thoughout Florida.
- Choosen for U.S. Art in Embassies Program (U.S. Embassy in Australia).
- American Watercolor Society's Arjomari/Arches Paper Award, Mary S. Litt Medal
- Florida Watercolr Socety's Guy Beattie Signature Award
Limited Edition Prints